August Appleton is based in Springfield, Illinois and practices throughout the state of Illinois. A general practitioner focusing on litigation, August Appleton assists clients with criminal matters, family issues, estate planning, and a variety of other aspects of the law.
Licensed since 2011, August has successfully represented individuals and businesses in both the Illinois Trial Courts and Appellate Court regarding issues ranging from simple criminal matters to complex fiduciary breaches and professional malpractice claims. From routine issues to complex problems, August Appleton has earned the satisfaction of clients throughout Illinois as both a litigator and general practitioner.
[dt_sc_fancy_ul style=”gavel” variation=”chocolate” class=””]
- Won jury trial verdict of not guilty on charge of Aggravated Battery against a Peace Officer, a class 2 felony. State offer prior to trial was 3 years in the Illinois Department of Corrections.
- Won directed verdict at trial against Plaintiff seeking to enjoin the sale of real property containing several hundred acres of land.
- Won Motion to Dismiss Class 2 Felony charge with potential 3-7 year sentence in the Illinois Department of Corrections.
- Represented family defrauded out of over $250,000 in proceeds from relative’s wrongful death claim and recovered proceeds from three separate parties.
- General Counsel and Secretary for Morton Family Foundation, a non-profit corporation donating over $250,000 annually to charities and educational institutions.
- Litigated appeals in the 1st, 2nd, and 4th Illinois Appellate Districts.
- Admitted pro hac vice in Florida, 2012.
- Admitted in the Northern, Central, and Southern Districts of Illinois
- J.D., The John Marshall Law School, Chicago
- B.A., Berklee College of Music, Boston
- Licensed in Illinois, May 5, 2011